2022 Farm Crew Application
• Farm Crew (April 2022 – November 2022)
• Enthusiasm, open-mindedness, and a respectful, positive attitude
• Attention to detail and ability to work closely with others as well as independently
• Some experience in small scale intensive organic vegetable farming is a plus but not a requirement for all positions
• Good communication and customer service skills
• Has an interest of starting their own farm or working on a farm year-round as we hope to offer employment year-round in the future
• Commitment to work the entire farm season (April 2022 – November 2022) to receive an end of year bonus. If school or other commitments conflict with this, we can be flexible.
• Able to work earlier hours mid-summer in order to harvest during the coolest parts of the day.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
• A solid foundation in the various skills involved in bio-intensive vegetable production
• A unique insight into to the challenges of starting a small scale diversified farming operation
• An introduction to regenerative agriculture and a system based approach to vegetable growing.
• Experience in both wholesale and direct to consumer marketing
• Communication and leadership skills
• Access to produce from the farm
• A nice farmer’s tan
EXAMPLE WEEKLY SCHEDULE:
|Table below shows typical work week during summer season|
|7:00||Transplant / Seed||Harvest||Harvest||Harvest||Wash / Pack||Off / Optional Farmers Market Help||Off|
|11:00||Lunch Break||Lunch Break||Lunch Break||Lunch Break||Lunch Break|
|12:00||Seed / Clean||Bed Prep / Turnover||Wash / Pack||Wash / Pack||Clean / Deliveries|
|Total Hours||5 - 6||5 - 6||5 - 6||5 - 6||5 - 6||5*|
|*||If interest there may be opportunities to work the farmer's market stand|
HOW TO APPLY:
A completed application is required. If you have questions surrounding the completion of this please let us know.
Let us know if you have any questions about the positions or our application process. We’re looking forward to hearing from you! firstname.lastname@example.org